Excellent Combination

  • Carbohydrates and Non-Starch Vegetables
  • Proteins and Non-Starch Vegetables
  • “Healthy” Oils and All Types of Vegetables

Good Combination

  • Carbohydrates and “Healthy” Oils

 

Poor Combination

  • Proteins and Carbohydrates
  • Proteins and Fruits
  • Carbohydrates and Fruits

Fruits are best eaten alone on an empty stomach at least 30 minutes before other foods and not for 3 hours after other meals.

Fats and oils from plant and fish rich in PUFA’s are essential to good health.  The best sources being ocean fish, flax, pumpkin, sesame, safflower and sunflower oils and their seeds.  Any of these combine well with vegetables.  Carbohydrates are okay with the oils in sauces.

Non-Starch Vegetables such as artichokes, asparagus, bell peppers, beets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, chard, cucumber, dandelion, eggplant, garlic, green beans, kale, kohlrabi, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms, okra, onion, parsley, radishes, radicchio, spinach, sprouts, squash, turnip, watercress, zucchini combine well with just about anything.

Notes:
The large majority of your diet (50% – 60%) should be high-water-content, fresh fruit and vegetables, as these provide quick energy, bodybuilding nutrients and enough water, fiber and alkaline mineral salts to assist the body in cleansing and detoxification.  The remaining portion of the diet (40%) should be comprised of the concentrated foods: seeds, grains, beans, peas, lentils, nuts, ocean fish, drug-free poultry, low-fat live culture dairy products and lean red meats (if you choose to include them in your diet).

Click Here to download a printable version of the “Food Combining Chart”.