Natural Treatment for Diarrhea in Gatineau
Looking for a natural treatment for diarrhea? The Gastro Pro is a certified holistic nutritional consultant specializing in gastrointestinal disorders in Gatineau.
Relieve Diarrhea Naturally
It is better to reach out to a nutritionist when diarrhea-related issues are getting out of control. For example:
- blood in your stools;
- strong abdominal pain;
- diarrhea becomes chronic;
- obvious signs of dehydration;
- defecating over 10 times a day for more than 48 hours;
- fever reaches 38.5ºC or higher.
Are you still inconvenienced by diarrhea, even after taking prescription medication? Does an entirely natural approach to healing appeal to you? Call the Gastro Pro, a holistic nutritionist in Gatineau! Gastro Pro is able to identify food sensitivities that can disturb your system and will help you relieve diarrhea.
What is Diarrhea?
Diarrhea occurs when loose or even liquid stools are evacuated every day. By medical definition, diarrhea is the emission of feces that are softer, more voluminous and frequent than usual, which is over three times a day.
Diarrhea can negatively affect our quality of life and cause other health problems that can be tremendously unpleasant.
What are the Symptoms of Diarrhea?
Diarrhea is often accompanied by the following symptoms: frequent need to defecate, soft or liquid stools, stomach pain, dehydration and bloating.
What Causes Diarrhea?
Diarrhea occurs when one (or multiple) of our intestinal mechanisms is not operating optimally. For example, our intestines might not be absorbing the liquid in our stools or perhaps the intestinal transit has sped up, preventing the fecal matters from drying adequately. More specifically, diarrhea is caused by:
- stress or anxiety;
- certain antibiotics that affect the intestinal flora;
- coeliac disease, Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome and other chronic bowel diseases.
- irritation and inflammation caused by parasites, excessive alcohol/caffeine consumption;
- an excess of bile in the intestines;
- lactose intolerance;
- food poisoning caused by salmonella in poultry or by meat contaminated by Escherichia coli bacteria;
The Gastro Pro is a certified holistic nutritional consultant specializing in gastrointestinal disorders in Gatineau. Discover how to heal and prevent diarrhea.