When I work with you, I’m all in. My approach is holistic and it uses the 5 basic principles of functional medicine.
- Functional Medicine views us all as different – genetically and biochemically unique. It is a personalized form of healthcare that treats the individual, not the disease. Rather than attacking the disease directly, Functional Medicine supports the normal healing mechanisms of the body in a natural way.
- Functional Medicine is greatly science-based. Latest research shows that what happens within us is connected in a complicated network or web of relationships. Understanding those relationships allows us to see deep into the functioning of the body.
- Your body is intelligent and has the capacity for self-regulation, which expresses itself through a dynamic balance of all your body systems.
- Your body has the ability to heal and prevent nearly all the diseases of aging.
- Health is not just the absence of disease, but a state of immense vitality.
Here lie the clear distinction and definition of Functional Medicine. Instead of asking, “What drug matches up with this disease?” Functional Medicine asks the vital questions that very few conventional doctors ask: “Why do you have this problem in the first place?” and “Why has function been lost?” and “What can we do to restore function?” In other words, Functional Medicine looks to find the root cause or mechanism involved with any loss of function, which ultimately reveals why a set of symptoms is there in the first place, or why the person has a particular disease label.
How it works
Right from the moment we first connect, I follow a detailed service process that leaves no page unturned and no question unanswered. This is the key to the creation of a customized health plan that can and will adapt to your changing symptoms and your developing needs.
First, I conduct a detailed health assessment that covers your medical history, current health concerns, physiological signs and symptoms, lifestyle and nutrition.
Given that I fully guarantee my service, there wouldn’t be much point to me taking on a client who I don’t believe I can help, now would there? I’m a man of my word and I’m 100% committed to the clients I take on. After your health assessment, I’ll be able to tell you whether or not I can help you. Straight up.
Once I create your personalized plan, I communicate that plan in great detail to you. Not only do I advise you on what to do, what to buy, what to take and when to take it, but I also explain the why behind all of my recommendations so you’re informed and educated every step of the way.
You’re probably used to the “try this and then come back and see me in a month” type of approach. I’m the opposite. I know how much can happen to a person’s health in a month and how long a month can be for someone who’s suffering because I’ve been there. You deserve better and that’s why I schedule weekly phone consultations with you. These give us the opportunity to discuss the details of what happened over the last week, ask and receive answers to important questions, and make adjustments to your plan as needed. And if something can’t wait until our weekly appointment, I’m always available via email.
Proactive progress monitoring
I am results-oriented. Based on this philosophy, I have a series of quality and monitoring controls in place that enables me to measure your progress to ensure that we’re doing everything possible to reap the expected results.
My goal is to assess your dietary and lifestyle habits and address nutritional imbalances through proactive monitoring, close collaboration and dynamic coaching. My support system ensures that you feel 100% confident in what you’re doing, and I feel as though I have a close pulse on your health.
Together, I know we can achieve your goals!